- 2016 Award for Outstanding Contributions to EANC Award Recipient is Arne Kalm! See "EANC 2016 Gala & Awards" for details.
- The July "Teataja" newsletter has been mailed out! It is archived on this website (see right-hand column). If you are not on our mailing list, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Save the Date: Nov. 5, 2016! EANC Gala awards dinner, public forum, and annual meeting in beautiful San Francisco at the Marriott Union Square. Make your reservations now! Sponsorship and advertising opportunities are available. See "EANC 2016 Gala & Awards" for details and registration form.
- EANC is taking pre-orders for “Estonians in America, 1945-1995: Exiles in a Land of Promise,” the history of Estonians in the United States from the time of the World War II. See "EANC Activities" for details and order form.
- EANC is looking for Estonian-Americans throughout the U.S. who are interested in letting our legislators know that we value security and stability in Europe! Please take this short survey if you want to help: https://s.zoomerang.com/r/EANCpoliticalaction. See "Washington Update."
- EANC 2016 awards program -Winners will be announced in the upcoming weeks. See "EANC Activities".
EVENTS & OTHER NEWS:
- An old publication's new tricks: How an Estonian-American newspaper is compiled from Tallinn - Estonian Public Broadcasting article. See "Did You Know?".
- Joint Baltic American Committee (JBANC) issues statement on importance of the Baltics in NATO. JBANC is very concerned with recent misguided statements related to the United States' commitment to upholding NATO treaty agreements. See full text on "Washington Update."
- Eesti Spordiliidu korraldusel peetakse Eesti Mängud Lakewood, NJ-s, 29 - 31. juulil 2016 a. For details, see EVENTS.
- Cleveland's Estonian Cultural Gardens celebrated its 50th anniversary on June 26, 2016. Toomas Tubalkain, EANC member, was Master of Ceremonies. For more photos, see EVENTS.
- After its success in 2015, the KLENK-IEP cruise returns on March 19-26, 2017, combining music, sun, and tropical beaches along with Estonian camaraderie and a wide variety of Estonian cultural happenings. You can view the itinerary and ports of call at www.KLENK-IEP.com. For more information, contact: Rein Luning, info@KLENK-IEP.com, 561-409-9335.
- EV100 website launched for Estonia's 100th anniversary. See Menu Button at top: "Celebrating Estonia 1918-2018".
- "ESTONIAN PERSPECTIVES" section at right now changed to "PERSPECTIVES." New BLOGS added from Karin Shuey and Victims of Communism's "Dissident."
EANC Board of Directors: From left: Matti Prima, Maia Linask (Secretary), Mirjam Krull, Mai-Liis Bartling, Marju Rink-Abel (President), Eric Suuberg (Vice President), Arne Kalm. Kristi Allpere, Andres Simonson. [Not present: Alvar Soosaar, Tiina Urv (treasurer)]
[Last Update: July 27, 2016]